Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stormtrooper

It never F#CKN' fails, whenever I search for something in particular, I always end up finding something else. Something... that is so far off the beaten track, that I end up not remembering what I was searching for in the first place. Case in point. Tank's '(He fell in love with a) Stormtrooper' (produced by Fast Eddy Clarke - Motörhead). This brings back memories.





OK, that's just phucking awesome!
The debut album was released in the spring of 1982. Tank (given their close association with Clarke and Motörhead) was added to the line up, in the second part of the Motörhead tour that year, which covered mostly UK dates.




The band's original members included: Algy Ward (vocals, bass) Peter Brabbs (guitar) Mike Brabbs (drums). 'Filth Hounds of Hades' was very successful debut, getting great reviews in the press and a very positive feedback from the fans. And why not, with tracks like 'Stormtrooper', 'Blood Guts & Beer', 'Struck by Lightning' and my favourite 'T.W.D.A.M.O.'. It's truly a must for any Motörheadbanger! You can pick it up here.


Ace ♠

2 comments:

Löst Jimmy said...

I first saw Tank play in support of Motorhead on the Iron Fist tour. They always got the thumbs up from me!

Ace said...

Good day Jimmy! I have never seen Tank in concert... I can only assume (if and when they did venture to this side of the pond) they never made a stop near me.

My sincerest apologies for my lack of correspondence LJ. My only excuse, as lame as it is, I seem to have limited time to surf the www. When I do, I feel somewhat obligated to throw up a post (and lately they've been very feeble)!

I hope all is well with you, take care.
Ace ♠