Monday, January 18, 2010

A Hole, Nutha, Level

OK, I'm starting to like this band, a lot. I mean... a whole F#ckin' bunch! Five Finger Death Punch.



Ya... I know, I know, the band's name sounds like a Quentin Tarantino film. It's new metal and (Yeesh) they're from California.


But if you ain't heard em', (you're missing some good $hit) don't knock em'. I would describe their style, music as a mix between; Pantera, old P.O.D. and System of a Down (but a lot heavier/thrashier).


5FDP released their second album/CD in September 2009 'War Is The Answer'. It received rave reviews and surprised many critics who thought they'd crumble under a sophomore jinx.



Their first 'The way of The Fist' hit the ground runnin', as did the band, and 5FDP hasn't stopped since.


Another reason I like em'... they released a tribute to 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott. 5FDP covered the Pantera song, 'A New Level', to commemorate 5 years since his tragic death. It's in the latest issue of Guitar World.




Here's the interview Zoltan Bathory & Jason Hook did with GW, discussing the song and why they picked it. It may not be to Pantera standards, but then again, who is?

Ace ♠

No comments: