Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lemmy Standing by Slayer


I'm not sure what to think about the latest news coming out of Motörhead Nation.


Our main man Lemmy is about to cut a new cover tune. Nothing unique about that... right? He's done a few covers in his time. Wrong, the song is called...


'Stand by Me' by Ben E. King. Even Lem looks a little befuddled. metal underground wrote a piece on it.


Lemmy will record it with Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo. He's on the far right in the pic above joined by band mates Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman.


Hey, there's Mikkey (Motörhead drummer) Lombardo and, by the looks of his T-shirt and facial features, OMG... it SHAGGY from Scooby Doo!!


Zoiks Scoob... it is Shaggy!



Dave also played skins for James Hetfield and (Metallica) in 2004. Here they are rehearsing before the gig. Lars became ill so Dave stepped in to help out.

I digress. While Dave may be able to help out a Lars-less Metallica with 'Battery' & 'The Four Horseman', I'm somewhat sceptical anything or anyone can pull this song off.


I mean when I think of 'Stand by Me' this image pops in my head and I hear the original version by Ben E. King. That's it!




Speaking of the original. Don't get me wrong, Lemmy is the king and Dave is a legend in his own right, but 'Stand by Me'?!?!

I think Lemmy (and whomever) should do 'I Drink Alone' by George Thorogood.

"The other night I lay sleeping
And I woke from a terrible dream
So I called up my pal Jack Daniel's
And his partner Jimmy Beam
And we drank alone..."

C'mon... those lyrics were wrote for Lemmy.

Ace ♠

No comments: