Saturday, July 4, 2009

Brutal Legend Game

If we bought everything offered and or produced via a television 'Trailer' we'd have a room full of (what we were led to believe) was 'gotta' have' stuff. And for the most part, it would either be junk, things we really didn't need but believed the hype, or it just didn't live up to our expectations after watching said trailer.

(click on the game for a link to gametrailers.com)

But (you knew there was a but coming), the trailer for this new game called 'Brutal Legend', looks absolutely, frickn' awesome!

The game features Jack Black, as the head Metal Bashing Warrior, Eddie Riggs. Riggs is a roadie who is sucked into a mythical age of rock to fight evil.

Brutal Legend was developed by Double Fine Production.

(Click on the picture to go to the official website)

Tim Schafer (of Pyschonaughts and Grim Fandango fame) is the lead designer/brains behind the project and it's being published by Electronic Arts.


Of course one of the main reasons I was intrigued by the game was the fact I had heard that Lemmy Kilmister was one of the characters featured in the game.


Check out this screen shot, Lemmy digitized (looks pretty cool) as a DJ.


As a biker... yes this brings back memories of the video 'Killed by death' (in which, if you didn't notice, Lemmy was riding an old Iron Head Sporty).

Other musicians featured in the game include:










According to one review: Brutal Legend is a 3rd-person game that is rich in combat, imagery and storytelling, delivering “lighter-flicking fun that is sure to melt your face off”.

Here are a couple of trailers for the game.

Enjoy... I did, I think they're hilarious!
Not only will it be a fun game to play, the rock puns and
dialogue will keep you entertained while you're bashing
and slashing evil villains.
What could be more fun than that?








Brutal Legend is set to be released on October 13th for Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.


Now, if you'll excuse me.

I'm going to make a salad for lunch using my Ginsu knifes.

Then I'll work off those extra calories with my Tony Little Gazelle.


And then I'll fold and hang my laundry.

Ya.... uh... I guess this means I'm buying Brutal Legend.
Damn TV trailers and infomercials!

Ace ♠

No comments: