Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Legend behind Motörheadster


The band is Motörhead, the man is Lemmy Kilmister. If you know anything about heavy metal, you'll know there is one name that's synonymous with the genre... Lemmy! I have been a fan since 1980. The first Motörhead album I bought was 'Overkill'. I have bought every album and disc they've made since. No matter the line-up, no matter the year... this band and it's front man mean one thing: "Everything louder than everything else".


In my opinion, there is no other band that optimizes what rock & roll is all about. While many so called 'Rock Icons' have either sold out, called it quits to live off their millions or they're simply playing reunion and/or final tours to squeeze as much cash out of their fans before they dry up and die... Lemmy rocks on! As you read this, I can all but guarantee Lemmy has just poured another Jack & Coke, lit up a Marlboro and is tuning his bass guitar for the bands next gig!




















Some background:

Ian Fraser Kilmister or Lemmy to his friends and fans was born in Burslem, one of Stoke on Trent's northernmost towns, in 1946 and then lived in Newcastle and Madeley in the early years of his life.

And that's where the story of the front man of the loudest rock band ever started.
Son-of-a-vicar, Lemmy by degrees then became front man, singer/song-writer and bassist in the rock business - as one leather-clad, cigarette-smoking, Jack Daniels-swilling rock monster
.














That being said, when I bought the 98 Harley XL last year, I had no idea it would turn out like it did. I knew I would be chopping it up and customizing it but I didn't truly anticipate my favourite band, Motörhead would lead me to create the bike I know use as a daily driver. I bought the band decals on eBay and wasn't sure if I was even going to use them on the bike. They were for my truck. I guess it was destiny. All right... it was desperation!! They were the only decals I had at the time and I didn't want to leave the tank bare.

In the end, I can't imagine not having the decals on the tank and the Snaggletooth on the battery.














As the song goes... "The only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud" and when I roll up on the Motörheadster... it's good & loud!


Ace ♠

No comments: